What are the 5 traits?
Are you talking about the Big Five Traits in Personality Theory? Conscientiousness, Agreeableness, Neuroticism, Openness, and Extraversion.
could you define these please?
- Openness - People who like to learn new things and enjoy new experiences usually score high in openness. Openness includes traits like being insightful and imaginative and having a wide variety of interests.
- Conscientiousness- People that have a high degree of conscientiousness are reliable and prompt. Traits include being organized, methodic, and thorough.
- Extraversion - Extraverts get their energy from interacting with others, while introverts get their energy from within themselves. Extraversion includes the traits of energetic, talkative, and assertive.
- Agreeableness - These individuals are friendly, cooperative, and compassionate. People with low agreeableness may be more distant. Traits include being kind, affectionate, and sympathetic.
- Neuroticism- Neuroticism is also sometimes called Emotional Stability. This dimension relates to one’s emotional stability and degree of negative emotions. People that score high on neuroticism often experience emotional instability and negative emotions. Traits include being moody and tense.
what unit is this apart of? personality?