Amount of Rhetorical Devices

If our Rhetorical Analysis is based on Devices, are we supposed to have 3 devices? Im confused on the amount that is required, I know I can have more. Also, is it ok if I divide my body paragraphs by having 1 device per paragraph.

Also, how much evidence is suggested for each rhetorical device. If I am only able to incorporate one piece of evidence per device is that okay?

Hey there! I think this is a great question. In looking at the expectations, you want to make sure that you address the formal expectations of 1-2, A-B (MLA, Harbrace, etc). That said, you need at least two body paragraphs with at least two pieces of evidence for each paragraph. Hope this helps!

Fiveable Logo

2550 north lake drive
suite 2
milwaukee, wi 53211

✉️ help@fiveable.me

learn

about for students for parents for teachers for schools & districts content team privacy contact

practice

🥇 2020 Fiveable Olympics study plans upcoming events trivia hypertyper resources cram passes

connect

community tiktok discord twitter instagram facebook careers

*ap® and advanced placement® are registered trademarks of the college board, which was not involved in the production of, and does not endorse, this product.

© fiveable 2020 | all rights reserved.