Are we going to need specific names for the FRQ?

Are names going to be important? Like will I need to know that Wilhem Wudnt was the father of psychology and things like that?

We don’t know for sure until you guys actually take the test, but usually the way they present it is by including the theory with the name. For example, Erikson’s stages of psychosocial development.

1 Like

Technically, the names important to psychology are fair game. However, it’s most important to understand and know with what they are associated because in the past names have frequently been included along with what they were famous for. I cannot imagine names would play a major part on the exam, but the 2020 exam is different in many ways and none of us know what’s on it yet.

Names are fair game, but to what degree? Only the test-makers can address that.

1 Like

I’d say, keep some “iconic” names in mind, like the people who invented major and important theories in Psychology, just for reference! Just have some in the back of your mind for possible context!

1 Like
Fiveable Logo

2550 north lake drive
suite 2
milwaukee, wi 53211

✉️ help@fiveable.me

learn

about for students for parents for teachers for schools & districts content team privacy contact

practice

🥇 2020 Fiveable Olympics study plans upcoming events trivia hypertyper resources cram passes

connect

community tiktok discord twitter instagram facebook careers

*ap® and advanced placement® are registered trademarks of the college board, which was not involved in the production of, and does not endorse, this product.

© fiveable 2020 | all rights reserved.