Can a teacher please possibly check my essay?

If I write an essay, could a teacher please look it over whenever they get a chance, regardless of whether it’s tonight or tomorrow before the test? I’d really appreciate it, I’m struggling.

1 Like

Hi, if you post the essay - or part of it here - we will do our best to review it and provide feedback. :slight_smile:

thank you! should I post it in this comment? And is it ok if its not the greta Thunberg prompt?

Yes i have an essay as well with a different prompt that I would appreciate feedback on.

In general, we can’t guarantee that we’ll be able to review all submissions. It would be most effective to ask for specific feedback on a few sentences or a body paragraph rather than an entire essay - just so we can get through as many as possible.

We can provide feedback on any prompt - but again, if you can pinpoint a specific portion of an essay that you’d like feedback on, that would help us get to as many as possible.

I’d post it in a new post to make sure we see it. :slight_smile: And, yes, it’s ok if it’s a different prompt.

thank you

I will post that

:+1:

Can you please read some of my Greta Thunberg essay?? I don’t know if I’m actually doing the rhetorical analysis properly. . . I’ve done this all year, and for the timed rhetorical analysis I have done, I have always gotten 6/6. But, now. . .I’m uncertain. Can you read some of it and let me know if I am crafting a rhetorical analysis properly??

Eddie - is your essay in a new post?

No, but I can post it if that’s easier

Yo I asked the SAME question like 2 hours ago and got no response. Can someone grade my essay?

I just put my essay in a new post. When you have time, I’d be really thankful if you read it and maybe scored it or just told me if I was doing this properly or not…

:+1:

We’re working to get through as many posts as we can. Thank you for your patience.

1 Like

Hi Mr.Steinhauser, where did you say I should post my essay again?

You can post it as a new post here - we’ll get to as many as we can.

1 Like

thank you, I just posted it

prompt:
Carefully read the following passage from “Owls” by Mary Oliver. Then write an essay in which you analyze how Oliver’s style conveys the complexity of her response to nature.

In her piece, “Owls” (1995), Oliver shows the complexity of her writing style by using strategies such as sentence length, and anaphora triggering emotional appeal to show her reader how the animal world and one that human beings consume themselves in, are very much connected.

Oliver carefully uses syntax to show her idea about nature evolved throughout the passage. Most of the sentences in Oliver’s work are rather lengthy, but this changes towards the end of the first paragraph, and is repeated throughout the text. When Oliver writes, “I have walked with prudent caution down paths at twilight when the dogs were puppies.” and then follows this sentence with, “ I know this bird”, as the second to last sentence of this paragraph, a clear shift in Oliver’s thinking is shown. The author has shown a shift in her thinking towards the animal kingdom. Her mindset changed from astonishment of impressive qualities in animals living in the wilderness, to a deep sense of understanding of these creatures. Oliver utilizes these staccato sentences towards the end of each paragraph because she realizes she understands these animals because she in turn is exactly like them. This in turn plays into the fact the tactics, ambitions, and needs and hopes of humans and animals aren’t that different from each other.

After this, the author moves on to use anapora to enhance her reflectionary writing style. Oliver shows this is in passage by writing, “I’m struck, I’m taken, I’m conquered, I’m washed into it, as though it was a river, full of dreaming and idleness”. The phrase i’m in this context has so much meaning because they are story declaratory statements that Oliver is using after realizing how frightening her relationship to rature is. She realizes that the power of nature is so overwhelming and can invoke such an emotional reaction. This affects her response to nature, realizing that she is connected to something like nature, that is so meaningful.

Overall, Oliver’s use of syntax which was influenced by realization of the authors connecting to nature, calling for the use of short transformative statements. Anaphora was also used to show how impactful,and overwhelming Oliver’s relationship with nature made her feel.

Fiveable Logo

2550 north lake drive
suite 2
milwaukee, wi 53211

✉️ help@fiveable.me

learn

about for students for parents for teachers for schools & districts content team privacy contact

practice

🥇 2020 Fiveable Olympics study plans upcoming events trivia hypertyper resources cram passes

connect

community tiktok discord twitter instagram facebook careers

*ap® and advanced placement® are registered trademarks of the college board, which was not involved in the production of, and does not endorse, this product.

© fiveable 2020 | all rights reserved.