Can someone answer this question already?

For my previous essays I have always associated each paragraph with a main idea from a section of the writer’s and a rhetorical choice that brings the purpose out in that section. Then I talk about a different part of the passage and so on. Would it be better for me to introduce my thesis with the different strategy each part serves and then several choices to bring it out?

Hi! I’m not sure that I understand your question, but if you have been successful with the method you’ve used in the past, stick with it! I don’t know that now is the time to make a new plan. Take a look at this document and see if it helps!

Good luck!

To me this kinda sounds like chunking

1 Like

I’ve seen that a million times. Do you think it would be easier for you to understand what I am saying from one of my essays, I’ll attach one here.
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1wu8M5akHDdX3bZnDF7Ntts6e04w4-fPbPa5KwEltK_s/edit?usp=sharing

It asks for access

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1wu8M5akHDdX3bZnDF7Ntts6e04w4-fPbPa5KwEltK_s/edit?usp=sharing

Yes, an idea-driven essay is one usually written when you use the chunking method. You can take the passage and break it up into three sections. Where you make those breaks don’t matter, as long as YOU understand why you would choose those as your sections. If you understand, then you will be able to logically explain and discuss what is happening in each of those sections.

You will begin your paragraph with a claim statement. This is a general idea of the point or purpose of that section. Then you will explain the devices that the speaker uses in that section to prove that point.

Please let me know if that helps!

Fiveable Logo

2550 north lake drive
suite 2
milwaukee, wi 53211

✉️ help@fiveable.me

learn

about for students for parents for teachers for schools & districts content team privacy contact

practice

🥇 2020 Fiveable Olympics study plans upcoming events trivia hypertyper resources cram passes

connect

community tiktok discord twitter instagram facebook careers

*ap® and advanced placement® are registered trademarks of the college board, which was not involved in the production of, and does not endorse, this product.

© fiveable 2020 | all rights reserved.