Conclusion Example?

Could I get an example of a good conclusion or maybe a format of one?

Hello! Although a conclusion isn’t necessary, they’re always nice to have!

Personally, I use the format of first restating my thesis in the conclusion (just in case I wasn’t clear enough at the beginning) and then I try to wrap the essay up with some “lingering idea” that ties back to the opening.

For example, if my opening had a statistic in it, I would talk about the statistic again and go into why I mentioned it or why it’s important.

I hope that helps!

Here are examples of two conclusions for last year’s prompt that we talked about last night in the student half of the 5-hr cram. write what you’re most comfortable doing / what you’re familiar with. don’t sweat it on a conclusion

Overall, Gandhi’s usage of rhetorical techniques such as a call to action, emotional appeal, and syntax directly help Gandhi achieve his purpose of convincing Lord Irwin of recognizing independence.

Throughout his letter to the British, Gandhi evokes a sense of imperative, yet polite force, evokes a sense of guilt in the British, and clearly states his demands. He is trying to ask the British to revise their salt act before he marches, so throughout his letter, he implores the British to consider his demands, yet still presents himself respectably and worthy of consideration. Although the letter did not work, retrospectively this letter shows the fault of the British to not accept Gandhi and furthers Gandhi’s legacy as the nonviolent aggressor. This causes the British to be more respectful of Gandhi, for respect will be met with respect. Gandhi is now in a position to gain the British’s favor, and now they will be more likely to accept him.

Dope. Thanks :ok_hand:

Fiveable Logo

2550 north lake drive
suite 2
milwaukee, wi 53211

✉️ help@fiveable.me

learn

about for students for parents for teachers for schools & districts content team privacy contact

practice

🥇 2020 Fiveable Olympics study plans upcoming events trivia hypertyper resources cram passes

connect

community tiktok discord twitter instagram facebook careers

*ap® and advanced placement® are registered trademarks of the college board, which was not involved in the production of, and does not endorse, this product.

© fiveable 2020 | all rights reserved.