Contextualization

Hello could somebody please explain to me what I need to do for my contextualization. Like how long should it be, how detailed does it have to be, and how much context should I add.

Contextualization should be as detailed as you can make it with some concrete background information on the time period.

World historical contextualization is a BROAD overview of what else is going on in the world / time period.

Think about a TV show you watch. But you miss an episode (let’s pretend). At the beginning of the next episode, you get a brief idea of what happened in the episode you missed…just the highlights.

You can effectively write WHC in 2-3 sentences. Many times, it’s in the 1st paragraph with thesis.

Fiveable Logo

2550 north lake drive
suite 2
milwaukee, wi 53211

✉️ help@fiveable.me

learn

about for students for parents for teachers for schools & districts content team privacy contact

practice

🥇 2020 Fiveable Olympics study plans upcoming events trivia hypertyper resources cram passes

connect

community tiktok discord twitter instagram facebook careers

*ap® and advanced placement® are registered trademarks of the college board, which was not involved in the production of, and does not endorse, this product.

© fiveable 2020 | all rights reserved.