Counterargument

Do you recommend writing a new paragraph for a counterargument or write a few sentences in one of the body paragraphs? Also, how do we conclude the argument? Would we have to relate it back to our thesis (and/or talk about how our thesis makes a stronger/better point than the counterargument) at the end of the paragraph?

Yes! Please go over this!

I would create another paragraph (final paragraph) to finalize the essay. I wouldn’t put it with another paragraph because it is often too confusing for AP readers since they have to read so many essays in a short period of time.

Hi @toastyminn, @Allison2

Mr. Lagerway will be going over DBQ writing in the second half of the stream. Fiveable also has a resource: https://app.fiveable.me/ap-world/-/ultimate-guide-dbq-2020/study-guide/ZT0GZwEWSNreRHs0jwUi

It really depends on time! Personally, I weave my counterarguments into my body paragraphs as well as doing nuance in my conclusion, but it depends on how quickly you can write.

Hope this helps :slight_smile:

thank you so much!!

Fiveable Logo

2550 north lake drive
suite 2
milwaukee, wi 53211

✉️ help@fiveable.me

learn

about for students for parents for teachers for schools & districts content team privacy contact

practice

🥇 2020 Fiveable Olympics study plans upcoming events trivia hypertyper resources cram passes

connect

community tiktok discord twitter instagram facebook careers

*ap® and advanced placement® are registered trademarks of the college board, which was not involved in the production of, and does not endorse, this product.

© fiveable 2020 | all rights reserved.