DBQ Grouping

I have trouble figuring out how to group the documents. Do you have any tips?

Well, first of all make sure you understand what the question is asking. That will help you group the docs as you go. Also, remember that it’s a good idea to put together your thesis once you’ve read the docs, not really before.

What I’m basically trying to say is that as you read the docs, see where they fit related to topics in WHAP, are they talking about social things, political things, economic things, tech things, etc…

You’ve got this!

1 Like

Hello! As you review your documents, look for a common theme amongst the five. A real quick giveaway might be found in the information that sets up the reading or the picture, chart, etc… Look at that first - a simple example my students were just working on is how Old World affected New World. In that particular example, there were a couple docs from the native perspective and a couple from the European perspective. That is a basic separation. Remember that this course is more about big picture rather than detail so think about those big trends and see if they relate to your prompt and docs. Hope this helps! Good luck on the test!

1 Like

A good way to look at documents in group them effectively is to look at them via several different lenses. Look at thematically which ones talk about for example trade versus politics. Or look at them topically. Which one’s talked about a disease versus which ones talk about crops? By doing this you can get a broad understanding of the documents, and may help you come to a Eurkea Moment if you need it.

1 Like
Fiveable Logo

2550 north lake drive
suite 2
milwaukee, wi 53211

✉️ help@fiveable.me

learn

about for students for parents for teachers for schools & districts content team privacy contact

practice

🥇 2020 Fiveable Olympics study plans upcoming events trivia hypertyper resources cram passes

connect

community tiktok discord twitter instagram facebook careers

*ap® and advanced placement® are registered trademarks of the college board, which was not involved in the production of, and does not endorse, this product.

© fiveable 2020 | all rights reserved.