DBQ Topics - Same as CB Prompts/AP Youtube Channel?

Will the DBQ topic/s for the practice later in the stream be the same as the ones already linked in this forum (practice DBQs from the CB)/the ones used in the AP World Modern Youtube practice? I believe the prompts were:

1. The reactions of indigeous peoples from 1750-1900
  2. How Christianity changed Latin American society from 1500-1800

Also, will the latter part of the stream be used to actually practice those DBQs, discuss possible answers, or both?

Today’s DBQ will be a different prompt, and yes, he will be going through a DBQ with you.

1 Like

At Fiveable we create our own AP Prompts, though we take careful lessons from existing AP Prompts. So no these will be different from the two you have listed

1 Like

I believe they are going to be the ones that Eric Beckman came up with as opposed to CB provided prompts. That said, I believe the plan is to work through the DBQs, not necessarily “live” but as a thought exercise and show you how to go about trying to get points. I hope this helps!

1 Like

@Darin_Roodman is correct. We will be using the Fiveable’s practice question, primarily the one on early modern empires. I may refer to the CB DBQs that you list, but they will not be the focus by any means.

2 Likes

And just to clarify, we will be working through Fiveable’s practice question together, as opposed to doing a timed individual practice, correct?

I do believe that’s the plan

Yes, I will go step by through one, and then discuss others as time allows. Any individual practice will be on your own. You can post parts of an essay here for peer grading by other participants.

Okay! Thank you!

Thank you so much!

Fiveable Logo

2550 north lake drive
suite 2
milwaukee, wi 53211

✉️ help@fiveable.me

learn

about for students for parents for teachers for schools & districts content team privacy contact

practice

🥇 2020 Fiveable Olympics study plans upcoming events trivia hypertyper resources cram passes

connect

community tiktok discord twitter instagram facebook careers

*ap® and advanced placement® are registered trademarks of the college board, which was not involved in the production of, and does not endorse, this product.

© fiveable 2020 | all rights reserved.