Do we actually need to know who invented what?

I understand that it is important to know about some big names like B.F. Skinner, Sigmund Freud, Albert Bandura, etc., but how extensively do we need to know about everyone else? On the slides today, each Unit had up to 15 people on it that developed different theories or approaches and although there was some overlapping names, it was a bit overwhelming to see all of the people I had to know about. Will the AP test ask about any of these people?

I have never seem particular people in an FRQ unless they were mentioned along with their studies. For example, several years ago, they asked about Baumrind’s Parenting Styles.

1 Like

I wouldn’t get caught up with the names, but if you know the person who provided the theory put the name down. It may help solidify that you know the background of the concept, but wouldn’t make or break your points.

Can you guys guess the topics please? could you try it?

Fiveable Logo

2550 north lake drive
suite 2
milwaukee, wi 53211

✉️ help@fiveable.me

learn

about for students for parents for teachers for schools & districts content team privacy contact

practice

🥇 2020 Fiveable Olympics study plans upcoming events trivia hypertyper resources cram passes

connect

community tiktok discord twitter instagram facebook careers

*ap® and advanced placement® are registered trademarks of the college board, which was not involved in the production of, and does not endorse, this product.

© fiveable 2020 | all rights reserved.