Evidence

I attempted to describe, support my claim about syncretism, and use historical situation for sourcing. Is there anything I should elaborate more on?

According to document 2, a free black woman from Brazil was claimed to tie in God and angels with seemingly African traditions involving the tambourine curing various people. This does not fall in line with traditional Christian beliefs but has some aspects of it. As the subject is African, it is likely that Christianity syncretized with their indigenous African traditions. During this time, European missionaries used colonized areas as places to convert non-believers in order to fulfill their “civilizing mission”.

Historical context or situation means you have to dig into the history surrounding a particular event. For this document you were describing a good example might be the African slave trade. The other parts of it are fine

Fiveable Logo

2550 north lake drive
suite 2
milwaukee, wi 53211

✉️ help@fiveable.me

learn

about for students for parents for teachers for schools & districts content team privacy contact

practice

🥇 2020 Fiveable Olympics study plans upcoming events trivia hypertyper resources cram passes

connect

community tiktok discord twitter instagram facebook careers

*ap® and advanced placement® are registered trademarks of the college board, which was not involved in the production of, and does not endorse, this product.

© fiveable 2020 | all rights reserved.