I was doing a practice experiment, and it asked me to “identify two aspects of the research design”. What does that mean? What are they asking for?
Think about how you’re designing your experiment. These are from my notes:
- ASPECTS OF RESEARCH DESIGN:
- REPLICATES/TESTING SITES (EX: THREE DEN SITES OBSERVED IN EACH TEST AREA - DISTURBED VS UNDISTURBED)
- TIME PARAMETERS: (EX: THE EXPERIMENT SHOULD RUN FOR ONE YEAR)
- TYPE OF DATA COLLECTED: (EX: COUNT KITTENS AT BIRTH AT ONE YEAR TO CALCULATE PERCENT SURVIVAL)
- HOW DATA IS COLLECTED: (EQUIP KITTENS WITH RADIO COLLARS OR OTHER MARKING/TRACKING SYSTEMS)