Formatting the Rhetorical Analysis Essay

Hi! I was wondering if it was alright to categorize our thesis and go by that in the essay if that makes sense? Example: Author achieves their purpose of ____ through descriptive diction, appealing to emotion, and the use of repetition. Then each body paragraph is focused on an appeal (ex: p1- diction, p2- pathos, p3- repetition). I just was wondering if the writer could still score at least a 5/6 with this method. Thank you! :slight_smile:

I think that this is a solid plan to a qualifying score! Do make sure that you connect each rhetorical choice to the piece’s larger purpose for the specific audience. Good luck!

1 Like

Yes - this is a perfect method of organization to use! The most important thing to keep in mind is identifying the MOST important writing choices. In order to select the most effective choices, think about what would most likely sway the audience to the author’s purpose.

1 Like
Fiveable Logo

2550 north lake drive
suite 2
milwaukee, wi 53211

✉️ help@fiveable.me

learn

about for students for parents for teachers for schools & districts content team privacy contact

practice

🥇 2020 Fiveable Olympics study plans upcoming events trivia hypertyper resources cram passes

connect

community tiktok discord twitter instagram facebook careers

*ap® and advanced placement® are registered trademarks of the college board, which was not involved in the production of, and does not endorse, this product.

© fiveable 2020 | all rights reserved.