Lewin's motivational theory

I dont really understand this. could you explain it?

This may help:

Approach-approach is a conflict between a situation that has two desirable choices
Approach-avoidance is a conflict between a situation that has a desirable and not so desirable choice
Avoidance -avoidance is a conflict between a situation that has two undesirable choices

I would only add that sometimes there is confusion on Approach-Avoidance and Multiple Approach-Avoidance. Approach-Avoidance is one thing that has a good and bad aspect. I want to go to UW-Madison because it has my major (good), but it’s more expensive (bad). Multiple Approach-Avoidance is where there are more than one choice/conflict, each of which have good and bad points. I could buy great seats at the concert (good), but they are costly (bad). OR I could sit in the back where the view isn’t as good (bad), but I can more easily afford it (good).

Fiveable Logo

2550 north lake drive
suite 2
milwaukee, wi 53211

✉️ help@fiveable.me

learn

about for students for parents for teachers for schools & districts content team privacy contact

practice

🥇 2020 Fiveable Olympics study plans upcoming events trivia hypertyper resources cram passes

connect

community tiktok discord twitter instagram facebook careers

*ap® and advanced placement® are registered trademarks of the college board, which was not involved in the production of, and does not endorse, this product.

© fiveable 2020 | all rights reserved.