Logos Pathos and Ethos

I was taught to make my thesis [author]uses pathos to invoke feelings of [] and ethos to establish credibility, allowing them to do [thing]. Then, my devices would be in my topic sentences, and there i would explain how [device] aided [pathos/ethos] and how that aided the message of the author. Is this good or should I change it?

Hi! It is always helpful to consider how a writer/speaker creates different appeals in any given text. I think the most important thing for you to consider is if the appeals are truly important in shaping the message and purpose of the text that you’re analyzing. Ultimately, your response should explain the most important rhetorical choices the writer/speaker makes in the given text.

If you are comfortable with the structure that you’ve been taught and have practiced using this kind of essay construction, you should move into the exam with confidence! Good luck!

Fiveable Logo

2550 north lake drive
suite 2
milwaukee, wi 53211

✉️ help@fiveable.me

learn

about for students for parents for teachers for schools & districts content team privacy contact

practice

🥇 2020 Fiveable Olympics study plans upcoming events trivia hypertyper resources cram passes

connect

community tiktok discord twitter instagram facebook careers

*ap® and advanced placement® are registered trademarks of the college board, which was not involved in the production of, and does not endorse, this product.

© fiveable 2020 | all rights reserved.