Question

will we have to know historical people for the exam?

Knowing people certainly helps, but on the FRQ a reference to someone of historical importance USUALLY says “so-and-so’s such-and-such theory.” For example, “Harry Harlow’s Monkey Study on Attachment.” I would advise making sure you are confident in the theories. (plus, you never know for sure what the test will feature)

I think that demonstrating a grasp of the significance of the person’s contribution is most important.

Knowing the people will help you, but you don’t necessarily have to know all of them! Just make sure you remember the “iconic” names, and the theories that the people came up with, so it could help you if you had to reference the person when discussing a theory!

Fiveable Logo

2550 north lake drive
suite 2
milwaukee, wi 53211

✉️ help@fiveable.me

learn

about for students for parents for teachers for schools & districts content team privacy contact

practice

🥇 2020 Fiveable Olympics study plans upcoming events trivia hypertyper resources cram passes

connect

community tiktok discord twitter instagram facebook careers

*ap® and advanced placement® are registered trademarks of the college board, which was not involved in the production of, and does not endorse, this product.

© fiveable 2020 | all rights reserved.