Tips for when we blank out?

What are some things to do if we get a prompt and do not understand it at all?

yesss i need this too

If you get a prompt you don’t get, stop and focus on what you DO get. You’re going to have that first paragraph in the stable prompt that gives you the basics of the rhetorical aspects. Use that to help unlock the other parts of the prompt. Also, in the update, there is a chance you’ll be given a hint at the message or the full purpose. If your prompt doesn’t do that, it’s okay. You can figure it out. I have faith in you.
From here, try to divide the passage into three parts. Structure your response by what’s happening in the beginning, middle, and end of the argument being made by the writer. This helps because if you don’t get all of the details, you can get one or two parts from each of the three chunks.
Good luck!

1 Like

Thank you so much!

Fiveable Logo

2550 north lake drive
suite 2
milwaukee, wi 53211

✉️ help@fiveable.me

learn

about for students for parents for teachers for schools & districts content team privacy contact

practice

🥇 2020 Fiveable Olympics study plans upcoming events trivia hypertyper resources cram passes

connect

community tiktok discord twitter instagram facebook careers

*ap® and advanced placement® are registered trademarks of the college board, which was not involved in the production of, and does not endorse, this product.

© fiveable 2020 | all rights reserved.