URGENT QUESTION: Application for Standard Error and Confidence Intervals

I understand the whole concept of SE and CI, but I am confused on how to apply these concepts to FRQs and how to answer questions with them. The 2017 FRQ you gave as an example did not ask for anything related to SE or CI (or maybe im missing something). Can you please clarify on how to apply this to the FRQ?

The question did the work for you in that it analyzed a set of data, found the standard deviation, and then found the standard error of the mean. There is a set of questions that go along with that FRQ but she was going over how to interpret data like that. You can find the other questions and their answers here: https://secure-media.collegeboard.org/ap/pdf/ap17-sg-biology.pdf

1 Like

OHH ok that makes a lot more sense now. Thank you!

Fiveable Logo

2550 north lake drive
suite 2
milwaukee, wi 53211

✉️ help@fiveable.me

learn

about for students for parents for teachers for schools & districts content team privacy contact

practice

🥇 2020 Fiveable Olympics study plans upcoming events trivia hypertyper resources cram passes

connect

community tiktok discord twitter instagram facebook careers

*ap® and advanced placement® are registered trademarks of the college board, which was not involved in the production of, and does not endorse, this product.

© fiveable 2020 | all rights reserved.