What to do when stuck on a question?

My question is pretty straightforward, in your opinion: what is the best thing to do when/if you get stuck on a question (no idea what is being asked, unfamiliar concepts, etc)?

Try to understand the context. AP bio problems have a paragraph at the beginning that’s annoying to read but helps when u get stuck. If u forget your biology reading that paragraph will make bells ring and give u an idea of the context and what u need to do

Another thing I like to do is just start with what I know. Even if it has nothing to do with the question, just start listing things that you know and the connections within the course content until you get where you need to be.

Fiveable Logo

2550 north lake drive
suite 2
milwaukee, wi 53211

✉️ help@fiveable.me

learn

about for students for parents for teachers for schools & districts content team privacy contact

practice

🥇 2020 Fiveable Olympics study plans upcoming events trivia hypertyper resources cram passes

connect

community tiktok discord twitter instagram facebook careers

*ap® and advanced placement® are registered trademarks of the college board, which was not involved in the production of, and does not endorse, this product.

© fiveable 2020 | all rights reserved.