Will This DBQ Format work?

For my 2 body paragraphs, this is my planned format. Will this work?

Topic Sentence
Evidence 1 (Shown by saying Document #_ Says)
Support the argument ( This shows + how it relates to the topic sentence)
Sourcing (Ex: At the time this document was written)

Evidence 2 (Shown by saying Document #_ Says)
Support the argument ( This shows + how it relates to the topic sentence)
Sourcing (Ex: At the time this document was written)

Conclude with Outside Evidence

Good morning! I have seen that style of format proposed … it should work. Don’t forget thesis :slight_smile: before… (are you making an attempt at contextualization with the thesis?)… and I’m assuming that you will have 2 or 3 docs in each of those paragraphs that support the particular argument.

Hope this helps! Good luck to you today…

1 Like

For my intro, I have Context then thesis in mind. And for my paragraphs I have at least 2 documents in mind per body paragraph along with one Outside evidence. But thank you for the extremely quick response !! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Could i make an entire body paragraph of outside evidence?
For example, if my thesis was “From 1500 - 1800, Z changed significantly because X and Y”. Could I use 4 documents to support X and use only outside evidence to support Y?

I’m just a student but I’m pretty sure as long as a piece of evidence OUTSIDE THE DOCUMENTS applies to your argument, it will still count. Be sure to explain why its relevant to your argument as well

1 Like

Technically you could, but remember it needs to connect effectively to your argument overall. Having it be its own idea can end up breaking it off of the overall argument.

1 Like
Fiveable Logo

2550 north lake drive
suite 2
milwaukee, wi 53211

✉️ help@fiveable.me

learn

about for students for parents for teachers for schools & districts content team privacy contact

practice

🥇 2020 Fiveable Olympics study plans upcoming events trivia hypertyper resources cram passes

connect

community tiktok discord twitter instagram facebook careers

*ap® and advanced placement® are registered trademarks of the college board, which was not involved in the production of, and does not endorse, this product.

© fiveable 2020 | all rights reserved.